Start a career working with animals at the Helen Woodward Animal Center –
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — The pandemic has caused major upheaval, forcing people around the world to move in with family members, move to cheaper cities, or simply lay low due to health issues.
According to Helen Woodward Animal Center, this has resulted in a huge amount of openings in many programs. It also caused people to re-evaluate their lives and decide what cause they wanted to dedicate themselves to.
If you’ve always wanted to work with animals, now is the time to do it! Helen Woodward Animal Center is currently seeking animal-loving staff for 18 positions in the following departments:
• Need an Instructor – responsible for educating people about animals and their care through a variety of programs such as day camps, Girl Scout and Scout troops, birthday parties and more .
• Need for a Business Operations Education Assistant – Responsible for conceptualizing, advertising, budgeting and communicating education programs.
• Need for a Horse Attendant – responsible for weighing and feeding hay, special grain and supplements for horses, cleaning stalls; emptying, cleaning and filling water buckets; distribute bedding to stalls, walk by hand, administer medication and more.
• Need for Therapeutic Riding Instructor – Responsible for helping to develop the potential of a rider with special needs by learning to ride, control and bond with horses.
• Need for Animal Care Technicians – Responsible for providing loving care to all adoptable animals including feeding, grooming, cleaning and exercise and introducing adoptable animals to potential adopters detailing history and animal-specific information.
• Need for Customer Service Representatives – Responsible for providing high quality customer service to adoption service clients and visitors. Need customer service skills, positive attitude, high degree of professionalism.
• Need Foster Program Rep – Responsible for coordinating with potential foster families via email, Facebook and phone to provide high quality foster homes for incoming animals.
• Need Club Pet Manager – Responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of all animals in our care as well as the efficient day-to-day operations and management of all staff (kennel and customer service), program volunteer and retail store.
• Need for an Assistant Groomer – Responsible for working with the groomer to assist with routine aspects of bathing and conditioning dogs and cats, as well as helping to calm and distract dogs during hair grooming and nail trimming .
• Need for an Animal Health Manager – Responsible for day-to-day collaboration with the Director of Adoption Services, Adoption Veterinarian and Center Veterinarian to ensure quality care, compliance standards and safety and operational objectives are consistently exceeded.
• Need for a Veterinary Assistant – Responsible for assisting veterinarians with medical preparation, surgery and post-surgical care of animals.
• Need for a volunteer coordinator
• Need for a maintenance technician
• Need a kennel helper
• Need a development assistant
• Need a receptionist
For more information about available Helen Woodward Animal Center positions, contact Director of Human Resources Wendy Papera at (858) 756-4117 x304, or go online at www.animalcenter.org.