Helen Woodward Animal Center Remember Me Thursday Classroom Rescue Contest –
RANCHO SANTA FE (KUSI) – Each year on Remember Me Thursday®, Helen Woodward Animal Center brings together animal lovers to raise awareness of the many loving pets available, encourage adoption and reduce euthanasia.
Sadly, over a million pets are euthanized each year worldwide and millions of wonderful animals await adoption in shelters across the United States and around the world.
Classrooms can be part of the awareness campaign that promotes pet adoption by entering the STEM to the Rescue contest!
Participation can earn you cash prizes, give you the opportunity to be a leader and practice STEM skills!
To enter, create a multimedia presentation with your solution, whether it’s something you may have actually invented or modeled, or a presentation of an idea you want to implement. Submissions can be made by individuals, pairs, or groups of elementary or middle/high age participants. • The video must be a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 8 minutes.
• Anyone filmed in the video whose face is shown must sign a press release with the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
• All music and content used must be royalty free.
• One winner will be chosen for elementary school ages and will receive $1,000 to the school class of their choice.
• One winner will be chosen for middle and high school ages and will receive $250 for entrant(s) and $750 for the school class of their choice.
• Submissions may be used by Helen Woodward Animal Center in any capacity.
For a chance to enter, please email your submission to [email protected]
For more information on the STEM to the Rescue contest, visit www.animalcenter.org or https://remembermethursday.org/stem-to-the-rescue-contest/